Thursday, October 11, 2012

Choosing a topic makes this project feel real. It's not like I'm in denial - I've accepted the project and even started brainstorming. But somehow writing a blog (a public statement!) about choosing a topic makes it seem like the project had officially begun.

Alas. I guess it has begun.

Alright, to business. I have no idea where to begin. My first thought was to use my Tikva topic. Why not? I'd be able to use the same research for both and, therefore, go into greater depth than would have been possible if I had TWO huge topics to research (that's right, it's not just sheer laziness that attracted me to this idea). For Tikva, I currently plan to research the impact of familial relationships on religion. I would focus more on the Jewish aspect in Tikva and the psychological impact for English. But I was slightly disheartened by Mrs. Weiner's speech yesterday. . . I'm fairly certain she does not want us to overlap topics.She does make a fair point about intellectualism (how the Tivka paper must be intellectual and this senior project doesn't have to be). Maybe it would be more interesting to research, oh I don't know, synesthesia. Or I could copy the brilliant FrischLeek-ers and make a satirical blog about my research on, umm. . . school social structure. Yeah that fits. School social structure! It could totally work!

For now I'll just stick to brainstorming. . .

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you necessarily have to rule out your Tikva paper, but is there a way to make the paper relevant to today? I think your Tikva topic does lend itself to applicability today and would be an example of something that could be done in both classes. Let's discuss!

    ReplyDelete